Thursday, January 18, 2007

Over there.


I believe it was Sunday when the DSL stopped working. I've been down this road about 3 other times in the past and have realized that calling Verizon's tech support is just about the last thing I'd like to put myself through. But, alas... it came to that.

Day one: The first guy hung up on me. I think he got aggravated that I wasn't speaking his native language.

Day two and three: Spoke to a few more people, each trying to take me down the same path of turning the pc on and off, turning the modem on and off, and my banging my head against the desk. But they were very polite while not listening to what I was trying to convey.

Day four: more aggravation and YES.... I did what I said I was trying not to do. I lost it again. Just like the donut shop - remember that ! I was rambling and complaining to the guy - including my complaint of the lack of speaking English. I think he took offense. He got to the point that he didn't want to talk to me any longer - and transferred me to one of his wives.

(I know I'm being bad here... but, I've had it).

No, my DSL isn't working yet. But, on the bright side. After hearing words over and over - I believe I learned how to call someone an American *sshol* in 'overseas tech support' language.

4 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

LOL, I didn't see this post before you made you comment on Nukie's blog. My bad.

So is your DSL fixed? Did you kiss and make up with the tech support guy?

Shoulda called one of them techy geeks from bestbuy or circuit city or whatever.

I find that if I close one eye and squint with the other dealing with people in another country per se makes more sense and I'm able to understand them. Ok so I don't fully understand but I sorta understand.

Now does this mean you'll update?

2/06/2007 9:42 PM  
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

What a way to get comments!

Blackmailer.

2/06/2007 9:50 PM  
Blogger Wakanuki said...

Call me pathetic.... but, I'll take it.

start the presses !

2/07/2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger Nukie said...

A bloggers food are comments.

We were just starving you to death.

2/08/2007 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home